Saturday 27th April 2019
Holy Places Visited
- Marienkirche [“Mary’s Church”], Linz am Rhein
- Katholische Pfarrgemeinde St. Walburgis [“Catholic Parish Church of St. Walpurga”], Leubsdorf
- Alte Kapelle “St. Johannes der Täufer” [“Old Chapel of St. John the Baptist”], Ariendorf
- Pfarrkirche St. Peter und Paul [“Parish Church of St. Peter and St. Paul”], Bad Hönningen (exterior)
- Evangelische Kirche [“Evangelical Church”], Bad Hönningen (exterior)
Approximately 10 km (6 miles)
Walked along the Rhein river to the village of Leubsdorf, where I walked up the hill to the impressive church dedicated to the 8th Century Saint, Walpurga from Devon.
From there I followed the Rhein, passing through Ariendorf to Bad Hönningen, which had bathhouses for medical treatments in the early 20th Century, hence the word Bad [“Bath”] in the name.
Many thanks to Renate and Andreas for hosting me.