Friday 9th August 2019
Holy Places Visited
- Expositurkirche Sankt Michael [“Expositus Church of Saint Michael”], Hofdorf (exterior)
- Kirche Mariä Himmelfahrt [“Church of Mary’s Assumption”], Pondorf (exterior)
- Church, Kößnach (exterior)
- Wallfahrtskirche [“Pilgrimage Church”], Sossau
- Basilika Sankt Jakob [“Basilica of Saint James”], Straubing
Approximately 24½ km (15 miles)
On another hot day, with temperatures reaching up to around 28°C, I set off from Hofdorf eastwards to Aiterhofen. I soon rejoined the Donau Panoramaweg [“Danube Panorma Way”], the scenic walking and cycling route.
In the village of Sossau I stopped for a vegan lunch, where I had a nice chat with a man named Anton and visited the magnificient, ornate Pilgrimage Church.
In the town of Straubing I visited the impressive Basilica, while the streets were busy with tourists visiting for an annual festival.
I continued on to my accommodation in the nearby village of Aiterhofen.