Tuesday 16th April 2019
Holy Places Visited
- Evangelische Kirche [“Evangelical Church”], Frechen (exterior)
- St. Audomar Kirche [“St. Audomar Church”], Frechen
- Katholische Kirchengemeinde St. Aposteln [“Catholic Parish Church of St. Apostles”], Köln (exterior)
- Minoritenkirche St. Mariä Empfängnis [“Minorites’ [Franciscans’] Church of St. Mary’s Conception”], Köln (exterior)
- Hohe Domkirche Sankt Petrus (Kölner Dom) [“Tall Cathedral of Saint Peter (Cologne Cathedral)”], Köln (exterior)
Approximately 16 km (10 miles)
Walked to the centre of Köln, through the town of Frechen, the suburbs of Marsdorf, Junkersdorf and Braunsfeld, and through many beautiful green parks, including the Hiroshima-Nagasaki memorial park, where I got talking to Lutkovich who gave me some tips on what to see and do in the city.
I visited Kölner Dom [Cologne Cathedral], the tallest cathedral in the world and the tallest double-spired church in the world. As you can see from the pictures it is very impressive and it towers over the other buildings of the city. Here I got talking to Alejandro, who was travelling around Europe from Argentina, and was keen to hear about my travels.