Monday 2nd December 2019
Holy Places Visited
- Tabáni Alexandriai Szent Katalin Plébániatemplom [“Tabán Alexandrian Saint Catherine Church”], Tabán, Budapest (exterior)
- Belvárosi Nagyboldogasszony Főplébánia [“Belvárosi Assumption Parish Church”], Belváros, Budapest
- Assisi Szent Ferenc Templom [“Saint Francis of Assisi Church”], Belső-Ferencváros, Budapest (exterior)
- Emlékezet Temploma [“Memory Church”], Tisztviselőtelep, Budapest (exterior)
- Magyarok Nagyasszonya Templom [“Our Lady of Hungarians Church”], Tisztviselőtelep, Budapest (exterior)
- Szent Kereszt Templom [“Holy Cross Church”], Népliget, Budapest (exterior)
Approximately 12½ km (8 miles)
Overnight there had been some heavy snowfall and Budapest was covered in a blanket of snow. I set off for the Kispest suburb in 0°C (32°F) temperatures.
After visiting a church dedicated to Saint Catherine I crossed the Erzsébet Híd [“Elizabeth Bridge”] and revisited the Assumption Parish Church, also visiting it’s onsite museum.
I then headed on through wet, cold snow, passing three churches on the way to Népliget Park. After walking across the snow-covered park I visited the nearby Holy Cross Church, then walked on to Kispest.
Thank you to Mari and Aggie for hosting me.