Sunday 4th August 2019
Holy Places Visited
- Pfarrkirche Heilig Kreuz [“Parish Church of the Holy Cross”], Affecking, Kelheim (exterior)
- Sankt Matthäus Kirche [“Saint Matthew’s Church”], Kelheim (exterior)
- The Chapel in Burg Prunn [“Castle Prunn”], Prunn
- Pfarrkirche Heilig Geist [“Parish Church of the Holy Spirit”], Essing
- Mariä Himmelfahrt Kirche [“Mary’s Assumption Church”], Kelheim
Not applicable (round trip)
Claire and I decided to take boat trips to the nearby villages of Prunn and Essing, upstream on the Rhein-Main-Donau-Kanal, which here incorporates the natural Altmühl river.
In Prunn we walked up the side of the hill to Burg Prunn [“Castle Prunn”], where we joined a walking tour, which included a visit to the beautiful chapel within the old castle.
We took a boat downstream to Essing and walked around the stunningly picturesque village, stopping for food and to visit the local Church of the Holy Spirit. We then caught a boat back to Kelheim.
The boat trips taken on this day have been carbon-offsetted.
Many thanks to Claire for re-joining the pilgrimage and for the use of your better camera!