Sunday 19th May 2019
Holy Places Visited
- St. Leonhardskirche [“St. Leonard’s Church”], Altstadt, Frankfurt am Main
- Kaiserdom St. Bartholomäus [“Emperor Cathedral of St. Bartholomew”], Altstadt, Frankfurt am Main
- St. Marcellinus und Petrus Kirche [“St. Marcellinus and Peter’s Church”], Seligenstadt
- Katholische Pfarrgemeinde St. Kilian [“Catholic Parish Church of St. Kilian”], Mainflingen
- Chapel, Kleinostheim (exterior)
Approximately 34½ km (21½ miles) by boat and approximately 12 km (7½ miles) on foot.
Walked to the Altstadt [“Old City”] area of Frankfurt, visiting St. Leonhard’s Church and the impressive cathedral.
Boarded a day trip boat that cruised eastwards on the Main River to the town of Seligenstadt, where I visited the huge church dedicated to the Saints Marcellinus and Peter.
As the clouds gave way to sunshine, I walked south-east, following the river, to the town of Mainflingen. Here I visited the local church then crossed a bridge over the river into the state of Bayern [Bavaria]. Walked on to the town of Kleinostheim.
The carbon emissions from the boat trip have been offset. More info.