Friday 15th February 2019
Holy Places Visited
- Sacred Heart Church, Middlesbrough (exterior)
- Seventh-day Adventist Church, Middlesbrough (exterior)
- St. Barnabas Church, Middlesbrough (exterior)
- The Parish Church of St. John the Evangelist, Middlesbrough
- Holy Trinity Church, North Ormesby, Middlesbrough (exterior)
- The Catholic Church of St. Alphonsus, North Ormesby, Middlesbrough (exterior)
Approximately 10½ km (6½ miles)
A beautiful day with blue skies. Crossed the River Tees from Stockton into Middlesbrough on the impressive Newport Bridge, built in 1934. My friend Fletch kindly bought me lunch then I walked on to visit three churches on Linthorpe Road before heading north-east through Albert Park and visiting the Church of St. John the Evangelist.
Here I joined the services of The Stations of the Cross and The Chaplet of Divine Mercy with Father Paul and Father Andreas. We had a chat and coffee afterwards and it was heart-warming to see Father Andreas, a Greek Orthodox priest, and Father Paul, an Anglican priest, praying and worshipping together in the spirit of unity. Father Paul generously gave me some printed prayer material and also a rosary to take with me on the pilgrimage. Craig also joined us for a coffee before I set off for North Ormesby and visited two more churches.